I provide grant-writing services for eligible non-profits. My interest in grant-writing began in 2008, when I decided to unite my passion for writing with my love for public service. I started out as a volunteer grant-writer for local non-profits then switched to a freelance model closer to 2009.
As my undergraduate degree was in history, I decided I needed more training in how non-profits work. I took several paid and free courses at the Atlanta Foundation Center (before the Candid merger) and the Georgia Center for Nonprofits.
In 2014, I took a break from grant-writing to pursue a master’s degree in teaching. After teaching for two years (2015-2017), I realized it wasn’t for me. I began work at Georgia State University, taking on general admin, receptionist, and data-entry responsibilities.
Since early 2020, my passion for non-profits has been rekindled, and I’m currently pursuing new opportunities in the grant-writing, fundraising, and non-profits management fields.
A partial list of past and current clients is below.
Cay Communications: Atlanta, GA 03/20 – Present
Young Adult Guidance Center: Atlanta, GA: 6/20 – 8/20
Autism Improvised: Atlanta, GA 12/19 – Present
Beauty Becomes You Foundation: Atlanta, GA: Oct. 2008 – Jan. 2011
Skills and Accomplishments
- Provided freelance grant-writing services to a variety of metro-Atlanta non-profits
- Researched grant leads, contacted potential funders, networked with industry personnel
- Developed various forms of copy for clients
- Investigated RFPs and pursued corporate, private foundational, and government grants
- Won $5,000 grant from Thomas H. Pitts Trust for Marcus Autism Center
- Won $2,500 grant from A Hand Up Atlanta for Beauty Becomes You Foundation
- Won $2,500 grant from Cobb Community EMC for Top Dogg K9 Foundation
- Won $5,000 grant from Greystone Power Foundation for Top Dogg K9 Foundation
- Won $15,000 grant from Ida Alice Ryan Foundation for Top Dogg K9 Foundation
I’m also a co-founder of William’s House, Inc., an assessment center/transitional housing facility dedicated to helping families in recovery.